About Us
Steps to becoming an H-2B Employer
  1. Pre-filing recruitment:
    • Acquire a prevailing wage determination
    • Recruitment Activities to include:
      • Place a Job Order with local State Workforce Agency (SWA).
        • Accept Referrals from SWA.
      • Publish employment ad
      • If applicable, contact local union
      • If appropriate, contact laid off workers
      • Complete Summary of Recruitment Activities
  2. Submit Application for Labor Certification to U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).
    • Submit supporting evidence if required.
  3. USDOL makes Labor Certification determinations.
  4. Submit Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
  5. Receive approved petition from USBCIS.
  6. Workers apply to U.S. Department of State (at Consulate office in workers home country).
  7. Workers report to work.
Please see Electronic Code of Federal Regulations for clarification on employer Obligations and Assurances (20CFR655.22) CLICK HERE

Continue to Next Step